What it is
UltraTree is Enabling Simplicity's flagship add-on product for theRapid Application Development system. Since its first version, it has been, and still remains the premier relational-tree manager for the Clarion platform.
UltraTree LX is the latest and most advanced version of this product line.
What it does
A relational tree is a mechanism for browsing and managing multiple levels of relational data in a single hierarchical list. A single relational tree control can replace several browses and their various auxiliary controls. All data at all levels of the data hierarchy can be managed and updated using one set of auxiliary controls. All updating includes automated handling of relational integrity linkage.
- UltraTree LX supports Clarion-standard 1:Many relationships and Many:1 relationships (the latter as JOINs), as well as 1:1 relationships, Many:Many relationships implemented using joining tables, and also supports both 1:Many and Many:Many self-relationships. (Self-relationships are supported using a dictionary alias as the related table.)
- UltraTree LX supports multi-column formatted data display, multiple related tables at any level, VIEWs with multi-table JOINs (both 1:Many and Many:1), ranging, filtering of several vvarieties, sectional headers and footers, dynamic record sorting, dynamic totaling, dragging and dropping records to different parents, row tagging (and reporting of tagged rows), and many other features described on these Web pages.
- UltraTree LX is a very mature product now in its 10th major version since its initial introduction in 1996, and is continuously being enhanced with new features and improvements. UltraTree is completely general and non-specific as to industry. UltraTree has been used to create applications that are in daily use in such diverse application areas and industries as manufacturing, medical billing, school administration, animal husbandry, and metadata management. (To give a small sample)
- UltraTree LX is designed for use with, and is entirely dependent upon, Soft Velocity's Rapid Application Development system. All Clarion ABC versions since version 5.5 are currently supported.
- UltraTree LX is implemented as Clarion ABC-compliant classes, supported by Clarion template wrappers. The entire product is in compilable source form. There is no precompiled code of any form.
- UltraTree LX is suitable for use with any relational database described by a Clarion data dictionary. It is capable of displaying and updating the entire set of tables reachable via Clarion dictionary relationships from the chosen root table.