- UltraTree is legally available only directly from Enabling Simplicity LLC via its web domain, EnablingSimplicity.com
- UltraTree is licensed per seat. This means one license = one individual
- This specifically does not mean multiple individuals may use the same license alternately
- A company may reassign a licensed copy to multiple individuals, serially, over time, provided there is a sole specifically designated user for a substantial period of time
- A licensed user may use the product on any machines the user regularly uses for Clarion development
- If UltraTree applications are created for other persons or entities, a separate license must be purchased by and for each other entity if any part of UltraTree compilable source is included with the application
- We rely primarily on the ethical integrity of our customers to honor these rules both in letter and in spirit
Update and Support Policies
- Technical support is provided (free) primarily through a private Google group dedicated to UltraTree technical discussion. This group is open to all licensees of past, present and future versions of UltraTree. Any group member may post questions or share their own knowledge with answers to questions. We endeavor to answer all UltraTree problem reports posted there within 1-2 business days.
This private group is restricted to UltraTree licensees (and their
- Licensees are not automatically enrolled. Access to the group requires a Google account, and we have no way of knowing the email address used for the Google account.
- See support pages for how to enroll
Free technical support is limited to UltraTree-related usage questions
- We offer paid Consulting services for those needing more complex advice or more individualized assistance
- Subscription Program (unlimited updates)
- A new UltraTree LX license includes a one-year subscription that provides all product updates of all kinds. The subscription begins on the date the license is acquired, and expires one year later.
- How frequent are updates?
- New features and enhancements of UltraTree LX will be released approximately 3-5 times per year. Service updates will occur whenever necessary.
- Subscription Extensions:
- Extensions of active subscriptions are available for purchase. These extend the expiration date for one year beginning on the previous date of expiration.
- An expired subscription may also be extended during the 90 (ninety) days that immediately follow subscription expiration. This is referred to as the grace period.
- An extension purchased any time before the 90-day grace period ends, extends the previous subscription. It starts on the date of the previous subscription expiration, not the date the extension is purchased, and expires one year from the new start date.
- The price of a one-year extension of a subscription is presently USD$99.
- Expired Subscription Reinstatement:
- The first 90 days following expiration are a grace period during which an expired subscription may still be extended as described above.
- Beginning 91 days after a subscription has expired, a new subscription is required if updates are desired. The new subscription may be purchased at any time following the grace period of an expired subscription. There is no time limit on ordering. This new subscription starts on the date of purchase and expires one year later.
- The price of a new subscription is presently set at USD$199.
- Where to purchase:
- Subscriptions for updates are only available to UltraTree LX licensees. As such, they may be purchased only by qualified licensees, in the customer membership area.
- A reminder notice will be emailed to a subscriber well before the date of expiration of the subscriber's subscription.
- An expired subscription has no effect on the status of the license to use UltraTree. An expired subscription affects only the ability to access new updates. Licensees with expired subscriptions can still log into the system, and still have access to technical support.
- Previous UltraTree Versions
- UltraTree Platinum Lifetime Editions
- Version 8.x Lifetime Editions will continue to receive free service updates until further notice
- No additional features or enhancements will be added
- All other versions of UltraTree are fully retired and will receive no additional updates on any kind
- All versions of UltraTree past and present receive technical support via the same vehicle. See above.
- UltraTree Platinum Lifetime Editions